It’s hay season! Are you in the market to purchase a baler? If you said yes, then we want to give you some things to consider when choosing the next baler for your operation. First, you need to determine what size bales you want. Do you want large square, small square or round bales? This will help you decide if you want a round or … Continue reading 7 Things to Consider when Purchasing Your Next Baler
- Fastline Publications has released their survey of large acreage Farmers about their mobile device usage. The study found that 25 percent of use social media during their operations. Additionally, the top two uses of a smartphone while operating agriculture equipment are “talking on the phone” (74.62%) and “weather” (73.08%). To see the full results, download the full report here: www.Fastline.com/Report1.
- According to Brownfield Ag news, the finish line is in sight for our Farmers. 84 percent of corn is harvested this year, compared to 97 percent at this time last year. 91 percent of soybeans have been harvested, compared to 95 percent last year. Winter wheat is also on good track, with Continue reading “Hot Topics in Ag”
We recently found this video from comedian Pete Holmes of one of his routines that we’re not too sure is much comedy. In this routine, Pete discusses Daylight Savings Time and its so-called roots – our Farmers. This video brings up an interesting debate – are farmers to blame for something that benefits the entire country, much less the world?
Some of the interesting things that Pete made some jokes on include:
- some 300 million people adjusting their clocks back for the “6-7 farmers there are”
- All farmers harvest is wheat, that no one is supposed to eat anyways
- a few digs at farmer’s intelligence such as a Farmer attempting to call Continue reading “Farmer Talk: Are Farmers to Blame?”
Key Facts About Crop Insurance: Check out this article that has some great facts about crop insurance such as how many acres it protected and which states had the highest number of policies purchased. Corn, Soybean Prices Tumble in Light of Good Growing Weather: As many people are thankful for great growing weather, that great weather can cause the prices to tumble. Annual Wheat Tour … Continue reading Hot Topics in Ag
Check out the latest video from the Peterson Farm Brothers! This month features their wheat harvest. We love the Life of a Farmers series because of how they are able to provide great insight to the lives of farmers and how every day is different as is every season. Take a look at their video for the month of June below. To see the full … Continue reading Life of a Farmer – June